This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Plank Press / Inverted Pike Pull

Started by Emilio Lopez Quiven, January 18, 2019 · 1 Replies · 67 Views

Emilio Lopez Quiven

Hy everyone : 

I am starting Handstand workout out on Intermediate level and I watch those two videos:

- PLANK PRESS on a stall bars 

- INVERTED PIKE PULL on a stall bars

but , they don’t come with any explanation . And I don’t know which ones are the key points, to do the exercises correct. 

Any help? 

Thanks

 

image.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Emilio, for the PE:

-at the starting point, you should begin in an elevated plank position with straight body parallel to the ground and arms perpendicular to the floor.

-now push yourself back while opening the chest and elevating the shoulders;

-hands are supposed to be at shoulder distance;

for the IM:

-the aim of the exercise is AT LEAST passing he hands level while you are in the upside down position;

-for best results, I suggest reaching the point where the legs are horizontal.

Please, next time remember to post here in the correct section.