This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Speed Skater squat form check.

Started by Chris Umiastowski, January 16, 2019 · 4 Replies · 51 Views

Chris Umiastowski

Can one of the coaches comment on this? I hope this is the right place to post now that private reviews have been discontinued.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Chris? nice range of motion...now slow them down with a little pause at the bottom of the rep, without losing tension.

Chris Umiastowski

Ok, so just a bit slower and not adding any rest at all when my knee touches the ground. Is the iM ok?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Chris,

The iM looks pretty solid. You are picking up a small amount of arch in your lower back as you lower into position as well as some pike in the hips as you pull back to vertical. I suggest slowing your reps down a little bit so help you focus on keeping a straight body line. Over all, it looks good. Nice work!

Alessandro Mainente

Yes the IM is ok.

Also if I can ask... a front view for a better review.