Hi! Please have a look and critique my form. I completed 5 sets of 5 reps fairly easily, and I think I'm ready for the next progression. Thanks in advance.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwn95xlaqkaqvkm/Video 2019-01-08%2C 5 43 17 AM.mov?dl=0
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Geoff Coppola, January 11, 2019 · 10 Replies · 162 Views
Hi! Please have a look and critique my form. I completed 5 sets of 5 reps fairly easily, and I think I'm ready for the next progression. Thanks in advance.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwn95xlaqkaqvkm/Video 2019-01-08%2C 5 43 17 AM.mov?dl=0
HI Geoff, for sure you need to use longer straps at the point where at the bottom position you need to bend the knees do not touch, this will increase the difficulty of the exercise. be sure to lock out at the top and hold the position for 1-2''. try to avoid opening the rings to the side when stepping back to support position.
How does it look now? Thanks!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uo12nbv0aptzn2/Video 2019-02-05%2C 5 44 21 AM.mov?dl=0
Personally i find that there is a lot of shaking here. Are you able to hold the support position for 1 minute?
I think so. Do you want to see it immediately after I’ve finished my 5th set of dips? Or do you want to see it after I’ve rested for a couple minutes?
After your 5th set, please.
So the answer to your question is no, I cannot hold for a full minute. See video.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xv1znwavyxecs6e/Video 2019-02-12%2C 5 35 44 AM.mov?dl=0
Also tried one more time after completing the final iM. See video.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj791y3uphms4ja/Video 2019-02-12%2C 5 37 38 AM.mov?dl=0
Thoughts for improving before moving on to the next progression? Thanks!
HI Geoff, can I have please a side view?
Here we go. Had to grind out that last rep but please comment. thanks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vg2mcy8ijmoa1f/Video 2019-04-06%2C 7 15 56 AM.mov?dl=0
and from the side
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ct10bgkqpfov5mo/Video 2019-04-06%2C 7 18 06 AM.mov?dl=0
1. Nice effort. Keep working hard like this.
2. Be sure you lock out your elbows completely at the top of each rep and pause before lowering to ensure it's solid.
3. Focus on maintaining more scapular depression, especially on your left.
Hi Geoff the analysis of Everett is ok. now, i need to add that the movement is not symmetrical, at this point of imbalances you need to fix FIRST this problem, then move back to rings.