This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/ bent arm strength

Started by Charbel Ammar, January 3, 2019 · 4 Replies · 151 Views

Charbel Ammar

Hello guys I have 2 questions:

1) Is this how HBP/SE22 should be done, it’s 5x5r, should I do them like in the video, or they should be done without my knees resting on the floor between the 5 ? And how about my form?

2) This one is about my bent arm straddle planche, is there anything wrong about it?

 

Charbel Ammar

Alessandro Mainente

HI Charbel, the major tip for the HBP PE22 is that you need to reach a position where the body is parallel to the ground and completely in between the middle forearms (not elbows...FOREARMS) .

Charbel Ammar

Hello Alessandro,

My shoulders should be in line with my hips, I just finished training, but anyway 

Anything else to add other than hips and shoulders parallel?

What about my bent arm planche?

Charbel Ammar

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely ok, the bent arm is better, remember to strongly push your shoulders forward in order to have already reached the necessary amount of lean for the tuck planche hold. also keep in mind that all the reps should be done together with no rest on the floor.

Charbel Ammar

Alright Alessandro, I’ll do as you suggest and add what you said to this HPB progression, big thanks for the help :)

 Charbel Ammar