Any critiques on my form appreciated! These started causing me shoulder pain and I want to make sure my form is correct. If the camera angle is not adequate I can film again. Thanks in advance
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Eddie Ball, January 3, 2019 · 4 Replies · 84 Views
Any critiques on my form appreciated! These started causing me shoulder pain and I want to make sure my form is correct. If the camera angle is not adequate I can film again. Thanks in advance
Hi Eddie, please notice that the course video shows a different execution. you need to tuck the knees to chest with bent knees, then extend the knees and perform the negative. said that you tend to lift too much the hips, this activates a lot the lats while the shoulders are completely opened. this combination of factors increases the compression at the shoulders. I think that the shoulder problems still persist in this type of exercise, you need to solve it FIRST.
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Hi Eddie, please notice that the course video shows a different execution. you need to tuck the knees to chest with bent knees, then extend the knees and perform the negative. said that you tend to lift too much the hips, this activates a lot the lats while the shoulders are completely opened. this combination of factors increases the compression at the shoulders. I think that the shoulder problems still persist in this type of exercise, you need to solve it FIRST.
To fix lifting my hips too much, should concentrate on keeping my butt closer to the wall? If i can't do this, should I lift my legs less?
Also, can you explain the difference between open and closed shoulders?
Thanks!
Eddie
Open shoulders = 180° between the upper arm and upper body
closed shoulder = every single angle reduction of the ope shoulder.
The most important thing is performing the negative with the hips lower. so reach the bar you're grasping with the hands with your feet, extend the knees, let the hips move lower and then perform the negative.
22 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Open shoulders = 180° between the upper arm and upper body
closed shoulder = every single angle reduction of the ope shoulder.
The most important thing is performing the negative with the hips lower. so reach the bar you're grasping with the hands with your feet, extend the knees, let the hips move lower and then perform the negative.
I'll keep that in mind next time! Thanks for the explanation!!