This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation 1 Frequency

Started by Tom Bussien, December 31, 2018 · 6 Replies · 422 Views

Tom Bussien

Hi guys,

I wanted to know what frequency you advise for F1 workouts, specially Upper Body. Core and Lower body I’m not too worried I can do them 2 times a week without worrying about recovery. I can even do Lower body once a week and still progresse quite fast I noticed.

But for Upper Body I’m hesitating between once or twice a week. I’ve been doing all foundation workouts twice a week since I started so for 3 months. I feel like once a week is too little to see good progress, after all, it’s only moderate/high reps of push ups and ring rows (at least for now). It shouldn’t be too taxing on the body right? It’s not strength work yet.

I would love to hear your opinion. Do you think it’s okay to do each workout twice a week for a 21 year old active man? Haha

Thanks!

EDIT: Well I think I overthought this. I guess the answer depends on a lot of factors. I feel like I'm recovering pretty well from 2x/week frequency for Upper body, so I'm gonna keep going. F1, especially in the beginning is very stamina oriented and high volume push ups and rows aren't really taxing on the muscles or joints. When I think about it, it's only 50-75 reps of push ups/rows 2 times a week. It's really not that much.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Tom, sorry for the late, well. I think that a good solution is having 3 workouts in 2 weeks for the upper and the same for the lower +core especially if you are not completely convinced of doing twice a weeks. and after 5-7 weeks you can see progress and your joints feel good you can consider doing twice a week. so for example:

-week 1: upper , lower+core, upper

-week 2: lower+core, upper, lower+core

-week3: same as 1

-week4: same as 2.

this is a good option.

Tom Bussien

Thanks Alessandro, I’ll try what you said for several weeks!

Michael Vetter

I remember that there once was F7, which was all the workouts in one session, is that right?

How often did people usually do this?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes it was, but if you have not already reached an intermediate level, you do not need F7. 

Michael Vetter

Thanks for the feedback Alessandro. Can you tell me how often it was performed?

Alessandro Mainente

Sincerely I cannot remember because I've never worked on this schedule.