Why is the front lever....

Started by ilove2workout28, April 26, 2010 · 3 Replies · 4,106 Views

ilove2workout28

Why is the front lever progressions in BTGB all done on a pull up (high bar) as well as most of the front lever pull ups? I know this makes it a little easier than doing them on the rings, but I don't think that's the reason.

Daniel

braindx

Does it matter? Maybe it's the where they train it most of the time?

You can do it on either rings or hbar... you can also do them on parallel bars (both parallel or perpendicular with the bars) or on tree branches or swingsets. Doesn't really matter that much as long as you practice them...

Seiji

I don't think rings affect the difficulty of levers... There's no instability on the rings because all you're doing is technically hanging. If you were doing a planche, however, your body would be over the rings, and it would cause them to be unstable.

Basically I'm saying there's no instability for things under the rings, but you will shake and swing if you are above the rings.

yuri marmerstein

It's weird, but I find planche easier on rings and front lever harder on rings