Shoulder pain in extension

Started by Brian M Smith, December 18, 2018 · 1 Replies · 1,521 Views

Brian M Smith

Hello all,

This morning I performed my handstand routine and upper body routine then did some upper body mobility and flexibilty.  A couple hours after flexibility my right shoulder started to hurt when going into extension (raising my arm up behind my body in the saggital plane).  I feels like impingment and it does not feel like my AC joint seperation like I had in the past.  Just wondering your thoughts.  I have full range of motion and can lift weight without issue.  It's just sore and It hurts.  I'm going to stay off of it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.  No numbness, tingling, etc.  Just pain in extension.  Thanks for any input!

 

Brian

 

Edit:  I should also mention that pulling movements have no issues...pushing movements there is a noticable pain

Alessandro Mainente

HI Brian, wait for 3-5 days and see how it goes. if nothing happens, no improvements, see a PT. Avoid searching for suggestions on the web, because one single pain can have multiple causes. without seeing you, nobody here can give correct suggestions.