This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE5 +iM

Started by Tom Bussien, December 17, 2018 · 19 Replies · 136 Views

Tom Bussien

Hey guys, can I have a form check on these ones?

A few questions:

- What's the aim for the weight on the PE for mastery? Here I have about 2kg total here (1.25kg + wooden stick).

- For the dislocates, should I first progress by getting the grip more narrow until shoulder width, or add more weight? Or do both at the same time?  For example can I reach 2.5kg + wooden stick and aim to narrow my grip with that weight, then once I reach shoulder width, I can add more weight?

I've been doing them for a good time before starting GST and I can go quite narrow but not until shoulder width yet (not shown in the video, I was conservative today). 

Thank you!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Tom, for your case technical mistakes come first:

-for the shoulder flexion, keep your chin forward with a bit of neck extension and not directly on the floor with the neutral neck. if possible i would see the posterior pelvic tilt. also remember to keep the armpit closer to the floor as much as possible.

-the dislocated need refinement: as you reach the overhead position you need to elevate completely the shoulders. before adding weight you to reach almost shoulder grip.

Tom Bussien

Okay perfect! I will correct everything. It makes sense to get to shoulder width before adding weight. Thanks a lot. 

Tom Bussien

So I tried fixing what you said @Alessandro Mainente ,

On the PE, I maintained PPT and extended the neck a bit more (like it would be in a handstand I assume?).

 

Here on the iM, I elevated my shoulders.

What do you think about them now? 

Thank you.

Alessandro Mainente

Both of them are very good. on the PE keep the chin on the floor. on the IM reduce the grip 3-4 cm on each side, then you can move on.

Tom Bussien

I will, can I move on when I have 5x30s on the PE without weight or should I add 1.25kg? Otherwise I'll just move on when I reduce the grip on the iM.

Marko Sekulic

I was thinking that 5 pounds (about 3kg) are a must for mastering this progression and next three also  (all other dislocates)...:mellow: 

 

Tom Bussien

Do you mean for the PE? Because for the dislocates, it’s a drill that I will continue doing as long as I’m on the program probably so I have time to add weight. I think the most important is the width of the grip, for me between 1 and 3kg doesn’t change much. It’s more reducing the width of the grip that is a challenge. 

I thought that we needed to have 2.5kg on the PE, but it seems a lot.

Tom Bussien

For the dislocates yes, but in my case I will continue doing dislocates after moving on to the next progression. It’s such an important mobility drill. So I think we can move on when we master the PE and have a bit nore narrow grip on the dislocates.

Anyway for me the do

Tom Bussien

Do you mean for the PE? Because I thought we needed to have 2kg to master the PE.

For the dislocates we have time to add weight since it’s such an important movement, we will probably keep doing them for ever. 

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Tom Bussien said:

I will, can I move on when I have 5x30s on the PE without weight or should I add 1.25kg? Otherwise I'll just move on when I reduce the grip on the iM.

you need both 5x30'' on PE and the correct range fo motion on IM.

Marko Sekulic

Hey Tom, 

I think you need weight and ROM on both PE and IM for mastery, but to be sure, ask coach Alessandro. 

Also it is completely different doing these movement unweighted from weighted, and for me, it makes big difference am I doing it with 1kg or 3kg, I believe, because these muscles and tendons are very weak in the end range of motion while being stretched at the same time and even 1-2kg are a big difference...for now.

Tom Bussien
36 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

you need both 5x30'' on PE and the correct range fo motion on IM.

Yes of course, that’s what I wanted to say. But what about the weight for the PE? How much is needed for mastery?

 

Tom Bussien

Here it's about 2kg total. I also reduced grip width a little bit. I don't know how much though I didn't mesure.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Tom, it is impossible to reduce the grip in so little time, it will take the time it takes. for now, it is not enough.

Tom Bussien

Hey Alessandro, I know, I didn't post the video to know if I can move on or not! Hehe don't worry I don't want to rush it. ;)

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Tom Bussien said:

Hey Alessandro, I know, I didn't post the video to know if I can move on or not! Hehe don't worry I don't want to rush it. ;)

don't worry....i'm gentle...it's Christmas ahahahah

Tom Bussien

Little update for the dislocates. I also increased the weight for the PE, I mastered the prone HS flexion with dowel + 1.25kg and now I'm doing it with dowel + 2.5kg, I'm at 5x24s. Is that enough weight for mastery? 

For the dislocates, I've reduced the grip, still 1.25kg though. How close am I to mastery? 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Tom, if you stop at 18 seconds you can see how shoulders do not move symmetrically? i suggest increasing the width until the problem it is not presented.

Tom Bussien

Okay, I will try to correct that. Thank you.