Hi Everyone,
Hope you all had a good weekend?
I think that one of the culprits with my ongoing elbow(s) issue might be a lack of recruitment in my lats while performing pull-ups, and therefore too much work being done by my arms? If I think back I almost never got PWO soreness in my lats from pull-ups or chin-ups, but often got it in my biceps/brachialis and what felt like teres major.
Logic suggests that I should be doing some straight-arm work, such as front-lever progressions and possibly (very) assisted Iron Cross work? I have access to rings, a pull-up bar, Oly weights and some stretch bands at home, and also various cable machines and an assisted pull-up machine at my gym (that I can attach my rings to). I mention the latter as they might be useful for remedial work?
My only worry is that by approaching this incorrectly I might shift the problem elsewhere by over-recruiting teres major for example, and not improve the recruitment of the lats much, if at all!?
All thoughts, feedback and advice are (as always) welcome.
Many thanks,
George.