This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thinking about Thrive...concerned about intake

Started by Brian M Smith, December 13, 2018 · 0 Replies · 114 Views

Brian M Smith

This may sound odd but since I have no idea how Thrive works other than a few reviews I wasn't sure where to turn.  I'm looking to lean out and gain some strength (I know, I know, aren't we all_).  I currently eat very well and workout twice per day on some days.  I'm concerned I won't get enough food for recovery during my two a day workout days.  Here is my schedule:

M/T/Th/F:

- Early AM:  Foundations or handstand + RoMWoD (+/- 20 min stretching routine)/by early I mean 430 or 5 am + FitAid Vitamin Drink

- 830 AM:  Breakfast - typically 3 eggs, lots of peppers or spinach, maybe a slice of bacon or sausage or cheese, + chia seed "pudding" made with almond milk and low GI fruit (berries)

- 1230 PM:  Lunch - medium salad with carrots, tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, and avocado ranch dressing (1TBSP), + meat and veggies (typically this meal would be 1/3 plate meat, 1/3 plate low GI veggies, 1/3 plate healthy fats)

- 200 PM:  Strength + conditioning.  I'm learning how to Olympic lift so the weights are pretty light right now.    2 of the days have strength attached with the skill work like front squats, step ups weighted, etc.  and then the other 2 days I'll do a short (<15 min) Crossfit style MetCon.  Some weeks I don't do all four days of this extra strength work.  Sometimes I do only 2 or 3 days.  If I feel like I need a rest, I take it.  

330 PM:  Post workout recovery FitAid drink + Rx or Perfect Bar

400 PM:  Post Workout meal.  1/2 plate lean protein, 1/2 plate starchy veggies.  Usually sweet potatoes or oatmeal or beans

630 PM:  Dinner.  Meat + veggies + healthy fat (typically this meal would be 1/3 plate meat, 1/3 plate low GI veggies, 1/3 plate healthy fats)

830 PM:  Sometimes I have an apple and a beef stick or something similar

915:  bedtime

 

Wednesday:  Recovery day.  Static Stretch series in the AM.  Food is similar to the other days of the week except for the omission of the post workout meal and recovery drink.  i typically just eat a Perfect bar on these days in the afternoons.  

Weekends are strictly rest and recovery.  I spend the time with my family and don't worry about PT.  We try and do active stuff like hiking if the weather is cooperating.  Currently it is not.  

Hopefully that gives some insight.  I just don't want another super low calorie plan that will screw up my recovery.  I am going very slow with my Foundations Training.  If I am out of breath at all during the training I don't click easy.  I wait until it is like a recovery type feeling before I click to move up in the program.  I may spend a week or more and I'm still in the PE stage of almost everything expect handstand (i've been able to move through handstand quick because of my crossfit background - it's been fairly easy throughout all of the PE levels)

 

Thanks so much for any insight if THrive could be a help for me!!