This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Incline row/ground row hand position

Started by Christopher Hancox, December 8, 2018 · 1 Replies · 117 Views

Christopher Hancox

Hi, After reading Eric Hörsts book on training for climbing I have wondered if modifying the hand position at the top (fully contracted stage) of the rows would better suit my need to balance the work load on the muscles of my forearm. 

The change would be to pronate the forearm at the top, so as to finish the contraction with palms facing feet.

Is there any reason not to do this. Mainly injury potential. As a climber I am already quite strong in the flexors of my forearms and I'd hope this would help to increase forearm extensor strength.

thanks in advance,

Alessandro Mainente

HI Christopher, the rings rows still remain exercises of general preparation. until you hold the pronation at the top you will have a elbows conditioning, the primary goal of general preparation is create balanced structure. no reason to chage the grip in an exercises like that.