The Adolf (adolph)

Started by Seiji, April 25, 2010 · 1 Replies · 2,590 Views

Seiji

I was looking through some videos from the GymnasticMinute and watched one about twisting in front tumbling. The coach was explaining how he teaches adding spins and he would go up by 1/2s. The first one that had a name 1 1/2 was called a Rudy (which you probably know). The second one was the 2 1/2 called a Rudolph? The third one... 3 and 1/2 (which I've never even seen) is called an Adolf. (adolph)

I laughed so hard! It's great to know even super high leveled gymnasts have a sense of humor :P I know it was probably named after someone, but I still find it funny :P Hitler makes for a great gymnast, you know.

Edit: I can't find the video any more D: Sorry :/

Sternford

They're name after the first person to do them, so sense of humor has nothing to do with it