This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bridge feedback

Started by Tom Bussien, December 5, 2018 · 21 Replies · 216 Views

Tom Bussien

Hi guys, I haven't done much bridge work lately due to some wrist pain but it's getting better, I still did the stretches of the series.

I've finally started to do elevated bridge again today. I would appreciate some feedback on my form. The right one is just one bar lower than the left one.

Thanks!

2138908127_ElevatedBridge1.thumb.PNG.1d47dc833d369a3271be18724a74668e.PNG1220015228_ElevatedBridge2.thumb.PNG.843a9f36ac2f764127aefe169b3cc7d0.PNG

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Tom, continue to work on the left one trying to lock your knees.

Tom Bussien

Well I could just put my hands further from the stall bars and lock my knees.

Or should I try getting my shoulders passed my hands staying in the same place? 

Alessandro Mainente

The correct position of the feet is the one where you can pass the hands position when you have locked out the knees.

Tom Bussien

Okay I'll do that, thanks!!

Tom Bussien

Update from today, is it better like this? If not, how can I improve and if it's good, should I lower my feet? 

2001259114_ElevatedBridge2.jpg.0fb9dbc16ace86dce6827db9d0e9f91f.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

It's almost perfect, you should still have the weight closer to the heels rather than the toes. keep your head aligned with the rest of the spine. you should be able to feel the shoulders.

Tom Bussien

Okay I’ll try using a box next time maybe, because the stall bars are so close to the wall it’s almost impossible for me to put my heels on it, except if I have the bottom of my feet vertical, but then I have no support. I understand also for the head position, I’ll do that. Thank you!  

Tom Bussien

Update from today, how does it look to you? Any suggestions to improve or should I lower the feet?

I tried keeping my head aligned a bit more, but I don't think it's quite right again.

1636041114_ElevatedBridge3.thumb.jpg.35a7466947f44b342dabfc45bc7a651d.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

Can I ask you for a video? i want to see where your feet are located before entering in the position.

Tom Bussien

I'll do that next time.

Well usually they're at the same place as the picture, middle of the foot on the edge of the box so I can push up in the bridge.

Then if my legs are still bent when I'm fully extended, I walk my hands a bit further from the box.

Tom Bussien

Hey @Alessandro Mainente, here is a video form yesterday. 

What do you think?

 

Alessandro Mainente

It's time to move lower!!!! keep your head neutral!

Tom Bussien

Good! Yes I know haha but when I do it I can't really feel if my head is flexed or neutral. I'll work on that and lower the height.

Jeffrey Bittner

Keeping your ears covered by your shoulders will help you to maintain a better head position. If you can feel your ears on your shoulders, you know you're on the right track!

Tom Bussien

Thanks for the cues, I'll try that!

Tom Bussien

Lowered the height and tried to keep my head aligned (right picture). This is one of the stretches I'm seeing the most improvement so far.

882233575_ElevatedBridge5.thumb.jpg.70223a05bbd586ab0d235a410009f8a6.jpg

 

Alessandro Mainente

hI Tom, very nice. remember to post aways a video because it's important for me also seeing how you get into the position.

Tom Bussien

Okay I’ll do that. Thank you. I’ve been dealing with some tricep tendinopathy so I haven’t done very long bridge holds, but it’s much better now so gonna increase the time.

Tom Bussien

Update: I lowered the height yesterday. How is it?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Tom...i have a very natural question...why you are not using the stallbar?

Tom Bussien

Hey Alessandro, you said I should have the weight more on the middle of my foot or my heels than on my toes. And the stall bars are very close to the wall so I can only have the weight on my toes. But if that’s not a problem I will use the stall bars like when I started doing bridges.