This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE2 + IM

Started by David Pardy 340028, December 5, 2018 · 13 Replies · 112 Views

David Pardy 340028

Hi, just wondering how I'm going with this one?  This is my first attempt.

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI David, please stop at 26 seconds, notice how you are reaching the floor due to the upper arm adduction and not for spine rotation. the upper arm stays fixed at the same angle of the beginning of the rep, at it reaches the floor because you rotate the upper body and not because you close the arm into adduction.

David Pardy 340028

Ok thank you!

David Pardy 340028

Any improvement?  I think I'm still moving the arm a bit as I'm still finding my thoracic rotation is still a bit tight - working pretty hard on that at the moment! This felt a bit better than last time anyway, I didn't bother posting a form check then because of the stiffness!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi David, not to bad! you're on the way!

David Pardy 340028

Thanks Alex!

David Pardy 340028

Another update, just wondering how it's going now?  Anything more I need to work on?

PE2:

 

IM:

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI David, very nice. 

notice that for optimal work you can consider to twist the hips in the opposite direction of the working set, so that you can maximize the muscles work on the spine.

David Pardy 340028

Great tip, thanks, I'll put it into practice next session

David Pardy 340028

Is this better? It feels much harder but the hip twist makes such a difference!

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work, remember that it the side-plank resting position your belly button should look to the camera and not to the ceiling or in the middle of the 2 positions.

David Pardy 340028

Makes sense, I'll fix that. Thanks again

David Pardy 340028

How is it now?  This was my last set and felt much better than the last two weeks

 

Alessandro Mainente

well

done