This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2 + IM Form check

Started by David Pardy 340028, December 3, 2018 · 8 Replies · 88 Views

David Pardy 340028

Hi, I know my ROM with the IM needs work, but is the form ok? Likewise with the headstand itself? From what I've read I need to be a bit more stable?

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI David, here follows the 2 major mistakes:

-in the PE the lower back is arched while a good PPT should be held;

-notice the course video: the grip is with the palm facing down.

David Pardy 340028

Ok, so yep good point on the PPT, that's definitely a weakness of mine (I've had severe APT most of my life and have been working to correct it for about 6 years now!!)

 

And yeah, with the IM, I can't believe I didn't see that!  I've been playing around with this since I first got the course and wondered why it seemed so unacheivable!!!  Thanks, I'll fix that for sure haha

David Pardy 340028

Just a quick update, this is where I'm at.  I can see my body line with improved PPT now needs work, is there anything else of note?

And the IM as well - makes much more sense with the correct grip!  Is my posture ok?  I still need to work on narrowing the grip.

 

David Pardy 340028

Another update, how's it looking now please?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi David, the PE is good, on the IM you are not reaching the minimum of 90° of shoulder extension. the primary goals are, in order of importance:

- 90° shoulder extension: arms parallel to the ground;

-narrow grip;

-weight. 

David Pardy 340028

Thanks Alex!  Yes the IM definitely still needs work but I feel like I'm progressing with it so that's good!

 

Thanks for the advice on primary goals too.  Is there a particular goal weight?  The steel pipe I normally use is 3kg

Alessandro Mainente

The goal is approximately3 kg BUT at your level, i suggest reducing the weight or at least changing the pipe.

David Pardy 340028

Ok thanks, I also have dowel and weight plates so I can easily scale it