This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Any advice for my schedule, and habits I have already?

Started by Joseph Amburgey, November 28, 2018 · 0 Replies · 53 Views

Joseph Amburgey

As far as Thrive I have only so far unlocked task 3. Pretty easy so far, things I already did for the most part.

So the questions before I get to my schedule and constraints.

Should I add some carbs to breakfast or my lunch to keep up with my job a bit better? (heavy labor) I believe right now I'm sitting at about 18-19%bf and am still trying to drop that down to about 12% or single digits if I can keep up intensity/recovery for GST

I make a fruit vegetable smoothie (ingredients at bottom) that I try to eat everyday, but usually get 5 out of 7 every week. I drink it after my workout. My logic was that I want all those nutrients right when my body needs all kinds of nutrients to build back up and synthesize protein, etc, etc. I figure the sugar carbs are extra welcome at this time too. Should I move the shake to another time? On days I am off from gym work I sometimes bring the smoothie for my work lunch.

I work concrete construction (very physically demanding most of the time). I'm up at 5am most days or earlier; which bars me from a morning routine until I'm off at 2pm + whatever my drive home is.

5am:

So I eat some good fat for breakfast. Examples include yogurt (granola or blueberries?), keffir, eggs, avocado with black pepper, glass of raw milk.

Then work, usually fairly physically demanding. Which is why I ask about granola in my morning yogurt.

10am-11am:

Lunch. 2 cups yogurt (Fage 5%) usually with some blueberries in it (44g protein, ~14g carbs 12g fat). Apple and an orange; maybe a carrot or stick of celery instead of fruit

3:00-ish

I usually get outside ready to start GST around 3:30-4:00.

5:00-5:45ish

Bang out a casein shake with some peanut butter, tsp of matcha green tea, half cup blueberries, and about 4 ounces raw whole milk and 4-6 ounces water.

Throw a bag of frozen sweet potatoes on the stove, comes out to about 76g carbs.

And then I have one of these smoothies. It makes a little more than two servings. and I'm set for 2 days. But I'm probably going to reduce how much I drink and split it into three days. Youtube video for anybody interested.

Thank you for taking a look.


Ingredients:

Kale (8 leaves)

Chard (two rainbow chard leaves and stems)

Spinach (2 cups) Celery (2) Parsley (8 pieces)

Carrot (1 large)

Tomato (1)

Apple (1)

Lemon (1)

Frozen organic blueberries (1-2 cups)

Avocado (1)

Hydrolyzed collagen powder (1/4 cup)

Water (2 cups of water)