This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE3 V-Ups

Started by Tom Bussien, November 27, 2018 · 9 Replies · 98 Views

Tom Bussien

Hi everyone, 

I would love to get some advice on my V-ups. They were hard at first, specially balance wise, but I find that if I keep tension (keep my legs and arms off the floor during the entire set) I can rep them out more easily. Of course they need more consistency. I'm currently on 4x12.

I'm still doing the Jefferson Curl (the mobility from PE2) instead of the stall bars "pike lean" stretch because I feel it is much better at stretching my posterior chain. I had a hard time feeling a good stretch with it. And Jefferson curls are also good for the spine. I hope this is fine.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Tom, the main problem here is technical. on the vups you must relax completely on the floor with hands and heels. actually, you are still holding them in the air just barely off the floor.

Tom Bussien

Thanks Alessandro, yeah that’s what I said above the video. I thought it was okay to do that, it’s definitely easier to keep my balance if I keep hands and feet off the ground. I will relax them completely then. 

Should I start lifting my arms and legs from the ground at the same time? When I started V Ups I had a hard time being consistent because I would loose my balance and all the reps weren’t the same. 

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Tom Bussien said:

Thanks Alessandro, yeah that’s what I said above the video. I thought it was okay to do that, it’s definitely easier to keep my balance if I keep hands and feet off the ground. I will relax them completely then. 

Should I start lifting my arms and legs from the ground at the same time? When I started V Ups I had a hard time being consistent because I would loose my balance and all the reps weren’t the same. 

well, as you increase the leverage you need to begin first with your upper limbs. so you can try it. it can vary depending on the bodyweigth distribution.

Tom Bussien

I went back to 4x6 to perfect my form, I applied your advice Alessandro, how do you find them now?

This was the first set, I usually have a few bad reps on each set, where I loose balance because I probably don't start the movement right (legs or arms first to early).

Thanks,

Tom.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Probably if you touch your toes with your toes point i'll be happy to say "perfect form man".

Tom Bussien

I’ll do that thanks 

Tom Bussien

How about now?

 

Alessandro Mainente

PERFECT

Tom Bussien

Thanks, now onto mastery :)