This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front split only - training frequence

Started by Emilie Lefebvre, November 26, 2018 · 6 Replies · 180 Views

Emilie Lefebvre

Hello GB world,

I bought not the stretching serie but only the front split module. This is for me a very specific need for another sport (pole dancing) where front split is necessary to further progress. Therefore should I train each video 2-3 times a week and then move to the next video the following week to make it more efficient and to progress faster?

 

thank you for your help

Alessandro Mainente

HI Emilie, the recommendations is training the front split once a week. not more. progress is determined by central nervous system adaptation and there is no way to make it faster. you can make them more stable but adaptations are adaptations. no shortcut here.

Emilie Lefebvre

Great ! Thank you Alessandro for the insight, that's very interesting to know. 

By the way, when I was younger, I was doing gymnastics and I was able to get a flat front split only with left side. I had the bad habit to only work the easier (and less painful) side.

I hope that the videos will help me to reduce the difference between my two sides.

Do you think that it would be helpful to work also on the middle split along the way?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Middle works differently, on a different range of motion, it is a good complement. for your front split simply perform one set more for the weak side.

Emilie Lefebvre

Thank you for your reply. That's a pretty good idea. I'll do that.

 

Jason Gordon

So I did the front split series and I have a few problems. When I sit on my knees my heels never come together and they are almost always apart thanks to my flat feet.

I'm also unable to get into bent leg and straight leg couch stretch as my quads are like wood.

The same goes for the narrow and wide hurdler. I can't bend my knees like that due to lack of quad flexibility Any advice or modifications for these stretches?

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Jason Gordon said:

So I did the front split series and I have a few problems. When I sit on my knees my heels never come together and they are almost always apart thanks to my flat feet.

I'm also unable to get into bent leg and straight leg couch stretch as my quads are like wood.

The same goes for the narrow and wide hurdler. I can't bend my knees like that due to lack of quad flexibility Any advice or modifications for these stretches?

HI Jason my suggestion is opening your personal post with a video execution because my suggestions depend also on the technique.