This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is there still an option to "test mastery" in the workout scheduler?

Started by Joseph Amburgey, November 26, 2018 · 1 Replies · 158 Views

Joseph Amburgey

https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/how-mastery-works/

Quote

The Mastery System


GymnasticBodies has a system of standards called mastery for how to program an exercise and when to know when it's appropriate to move to a harder progression. Each standard of mastery has been broken into smaller pieces of programming called "steps." So for example if you cannot do Step 9 (Mastery), you would start on whichever previous step in the programming best reflects your ability. The workout scheduler has an option to figure this out automatically. By choosing "Test Mastery" you will get a placement test. If you pass (make sure to log your workout) it will give a harder progression test; if you fail it will automatically assign the best step for you to work on.

If so I am not finding it.

Edit: I'm thinking the workout scheduler was a relic from before GB 2.0 or before the redesign and progression adjustments which happened between when I started in 2013/2014 and when I came back in 2018.

 

Thank you.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Joseph, the test mastery can be reached by the  SETTINGS where you can set as programming the step 9 of one exercise that is the mastery check.