This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

One day per week HS mobility circuit?

Started by David Pardy 340028, November 25, 2018 · 10 Replies · 294 Views

David Pardy 340028

I currently try to do 2 days per week of HS1.  Just curious if it would be worth adding another day where I simply do a circuit of a few of the IMs?  I've experimented with a few of them and they definitely need work so figured if I start doing them regularly on a separate day then that might help me move forward through the whole course more rapidly.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi David, once you have reached the mastery of an element then it should be included in your warmup. if it is not already mastered for the requirements in terms of weight, seconds, the range of motion etc then you should train it regularly twice a week as you are doing now. circuit elements for now, for a beginner, for technical elements like handstand is not recommended.

David Pardy 340028

Ok no worries, thanks Alex

Colin Dassonville

Hi,

 

Alessandro, what you mean by "once you have reached the mastery of an element" ?

Does it mean if I just mastered ring dips 5*5, now I should warm up on Ring Dips 1*5 every workout then on Upper Day, adding Bulgarian 5*5 ?

 

Thanks for your reply.

Alessandro Mainente

Once a group of elements (like pushups) is mastered you will use the last element of the group. 

if you have finished one group and working on the third element of the following (like for example you have finished the pushup "section" and performing the Bulgarian dips, you will do in the warm up the Pseudo planche pushup and then the last element of the dip group that you have mastered, in this case, rings dips.

Colin Dassonville

Thanks for your reply !

1) But I'm still confused : I set my workouts to start dips (I just started GB 2 weeks ago), so I didn't know that the previous group was "Pseudo planche push up", how could I know ?

How many set/reps for warm up ?  It looks like obvious for you because you work on it for years, but I'm new in this kind of scheduling and really need to be guided.

Moreover, where is it written that we have to use the last master group and the last current group in our warm up ? Coz I just used the 7 warm up classes to warm up !

Alessandro Mainente

The foundations' work has a logic. working on different plains or easier activation and then find a movement that includes all this work. for example, the hollowback press includes horizontal pressing, vertical pressing etc.

In the early state of foundations, you are working on the supported feet variations of the pushup. we can consider this a sort of GROUP: the supported feet pushup variations ok?

now when you finish this group you move to dip that is another family of movement. when you need to do your workout you can warm up with the last element of the ALREADY COMPLETED GROUP, plus the last element completed on the current group.

if i'm doing in my workout the normal dip, i'm going to do the mastery reps of pseudo planche pushup (10 reps) plus the mastery rep of the bench dips. this is my warm-up for the pushing workout.

when you are on foundations 4 you are training more complex movements and as a consequence, more groups were already mastered and then there will be a more structured warmup.

the logic is maintaining what you have already completed.

Colin Dassonville

Ok I understand, thank you very much for this complete answer ! 

The warm up will become more and more structured, that's what I was looking for.

Have a nice day.

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Alex, following your example. You should do a warm up of 1 set of 10 reps of PPP right? Or you should do the mastery sets as well for warmup?

Is mastery reps (and just 1 set) enough to maintain that group?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Felipe Garcia Rosa said:

Alex, following your example. You should do a warm up of 1 set of 10 reps of PPP right? Or you should do the mastery sets as well for warmup?

Is mastery reps (and just 1 set) enough to maintain that group?

Thanks

Yes, for example today I did, PPP then an easier dip variation, then harder dip variation, free hspu and hollowbackpress. 

i'm not an alien, i've followed the GST approach....2019....is the tenth year.

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Great thanks Alex. I ve been for 2.5 years at 30 degree pushups :(