This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand and planche lean

Started by ROBERT Burtchell, November 23, 2018 · 5 Replies · 81 Views

ROBERT Burtchell

I've taken a bit of time off after and injury plus 8 months powerlifting meet training, but I'm ready to get back into my GST programming again.

So, here is my current handstand planche lean... Tips?

 

 

 

Took a tips from calimnastics on setting my position for the leans position

Domenic Palazzolo

Great job! Handstand looks good to me, just like the rest of us, you gotta keep working the line + endurance.

Planche leans look good too. I like to always keep in mind when I’m planching, protraction and depression of the scapula. Also, try to gradually increase your lean to get your wrist near your hip line. Making your leans as hard as possible now will make things a lot easier in later progressions..

 

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, ROBERT Burtchell said:

I've taken a bit of time off after and injury plus 8 months powerlifting meet training, but I'm ready to get back into my GST programming again.

So, here is my current handstand planche lean... Tips?

 

 

 

Took a tips from calimnastics on setting my position for the leans position

Nice work, for the pleanche lean, try to lean a bit more and, for your lever, maximize the protraction.

for the handstand a good amount of wall work is needed for improving the shaking on the free hs work.

ROBERT Burtchell
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Nice work, for the pleanche lean, try to lean a bit more and, for your lever, maximize the protraction.

for the handstand a good amount of wall work is needed for improving the shaking on the free hs work.

Thank you for that feedback!

 

On the handstands, what do you mean the shaking? I know it's far from solid, but going back to wall feels counter productive since it took me months just to get the kick ups to the point I could even hold a freestanding handstand.

Alessandro Mainente
58 minutes ago, ROBERT Burtchell said:

Thank you for that feedback!

 

On the handstands, what do you mean the shaking? I know it's far from solid, but going back to wall feels counter productive since it took me months just to get the kick ups to the point I could even hold a freestanding handstand.

Shaking I mean that you are moving too much. the wall word does not represent a substitution but a complement to your training. the line refinement il always necessary, no matter how much experience, my gymnast still perform wall handstand for line refinement, no matter if they have already reached 2 minutes of free hs.

ROBERT Burtchell

Makes sense. I used to spend 10-15 min each day working on my handstand with 1-2min being the foot support variation on the squat rack before my powerlifting training, but as I started landing the free standing and volume was needed for my sport, it turned to 3-4 sets of max holds.