This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL - PE5

Started by MICHAEL LACROIX, November 22, 2018 · 1 Replies · 40 Views

MICHAEL LACROIX

I struggled a lot when I got to the mobility part of sPL - SE1: Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Holds. Couldn't even get into the position and determined I didn't have the strength for it. So I decided to backtrack and build up the strength. 2 questions here:

1) How is my basic form - butt, shoulders, feet?

2) Am I leaning forward enough? I've seen some people leaning almost to the point where their wrists line up with their hips and wonder if that's necessary? (hoping it's not because I don't think I can lean further forward - no mobility)

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Benjamin , the basic form is ok, i prefer a bit more of protraction.

for the leaning, stop the video on 5 seconds, this quadrupedal position must be modified as follows:

-relax the feet and hold the heels together;

-keep the knees under the hips

-move the hands under the shoulders.

-now keep the feet fixed on the floor and then lean forward with the shoulders.