Hi Guys,
Recently I've started F1 course. Before I've completed Foundations and have few years of experience in sport - I mean I'm quite fit and healthy.
I got problem with Russian Twist. I'm on the step with 18 reps., but actually thought that one rep are reps to both sides, so the number I was aiming for needs doubling. Yesterday, during the workout, in the first series of RT I felt something strange from lower back to neck and then I started to feel pain in my neck. I feel discomfort at back of the neck from both sides, but pain occurs at right side (I also started feeling pain when rotating to the right).
When the pain was not gone after few minutes I gave up on training, did some neck stretches and went home. Today I started the day with little warm-up and stretches.
I don't know if that's case of bad technique, insufficient warm-up (short, 4 minutes) or something else. But neck pain is something that troubles me a lot. Not sure if I will want to make second attempt to this exercise.
Do you have some experience how to treat such injury, what may cause it and how to avoid it? And if this exercise is necessery?
Thank you in advance