I posted this (sort of) on another thread, but wanted to start a new thread here, specifically about rings.
I'm training for an ironman distance triathlon in October. I have been participating in triathlon for nearly 7 years so that's nothing new.
Strength training - no lifting for about 7 months. Today, I did some chin ups (2x5) and dips/push ups (1 set each of 10) on those little workout stands on the side of some running trails. I feel like my pecs and shoulders have been ripped off my bones. I'm in bad, lifting shape.
I am planning to order the rings in the next week or so. Here's my thinking for some ring training sets:
5x3 reps - Ring Pull Ups
4x8 reps - Ring Push Ups (using stability ball for feet)
4x8 reps - Ring "Rows" (using stability ball for feet)
4x8 reps - Ring Dips
Core work on stability ball.
Do this until I can work out 3x10 of all these sets, and then I can move to some more/different exercises.
I want to do this 3x/week.
Sound good or am I way off target?