This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretch course timing

Started by Si Hoang, November 19, 2018 · 3 Replies · 142 Views

Si Hoang

Hi everyone,

I've recently gone back to university to study full time again. Balancing that with full time work, a rediscovered passion for martial arts, in particular Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, and my GB training is really tough. I was wondering if it were possible to do my stretch courses in the morning after my Foundations training if I have a BJJ class in the evening. It's not practical to do the stretch session after the class due to it being late and having to get to bed asap in order to function the next day. 

Any advice appreciated.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Si, yes you can do it after the Foundations work. the major focus point is doing one stretch series once a week.

Si Hoang

Cheers Alex,

I did my foundations and then my stretch in the morning yesterday.

In the evening I went to jiu-jitsu as normal. Didn't notice anything that could have been detrimental to the training. If anything,  I felt a bit more loose and mobile than usual.

Alessandro Mainente

it is typical, i noticed that doubling the dynamic flexibility warmup is a good idea to restore the mobility.