FL,BL,PL and MSH

Started by Razz, April 24, 2010 · 8 Replies · 2,108 Views

Razz

ESwXgWPclrM

-Front lever form is more a feeling than a strength problem.

-In manna my hips look below horizontal but it is because of the loose shorts.

-Planche :D need to push shoulder blades out and round back more????

-Back lever is slightly high in the end, but again this is a feeling and not a strength problem.

Gregor

1. Do you push rings down enough in a front lever?

2. back lever :arrow: are you still holding a litlle on a latisimus :mrgreen:

3. Manna? do you mean V-seat?

4. Planche, yes you assumed correctly. Maybe it would be good to incorporate a planche lean hold in trainng (to max 15s), to strengtheen position (shoulder blades problem), when yoz reach 15 or 10s go a litlle forward.

Razz

-In front lever I could probably push down more but I was having trouble feeling when I was exactly at horizontal

- Back lever, it looks like it, need to think about it because I'm sure I have the strength to do it without

- manna, it's the middle split high progression towards manna :oops:

- Thanks I will try to incorporate that a few times/week.

braindx

Learn manna on the floor with hands backwards. It's best to do it like that

The rest has been covered...

Razz

Braindx: yes that is also how I normally do it, but my wrists were complaining that day. Thanks :D

Sternford
braindx said:
Learn manna on the floor with hands backwards. It's best to do it like that

The rest has been covered...

Why is it best with hands backward? I can do a pretty okay one with my hands forward, but with them backward I cannot even get off the ground.

And the video looked good to me, as someone who is not that far in those things

Razz

It's the same reason planche is easier with fingers forward, you can grip the floor and create some tension force to help push your hips up. In the beginning this way feels harder but for further development it's necessary.

Sternford
Razz said:
It's the same reason planche is easier with fingers forward, you can grip the floor and create some tension force to help push your hips up. In the beginning this way feels harder but for further development it's necessary.

That part I think I understood but why is it harder in the beginning I mean?

braindx
Sternford said:
braindx said:
Learn manna on the floor with hands backwards. It's best to do it like that

The rest has been covered...

Why is it best with hands backward? I can do a pretty okay one with my hands forward, but with them backward I cannot even get off the ground.

And the video looked good to me, as someone who is not that far in those things

When I first started, I could V-sit to vertical.

I could not hold myself in MSH for even a single second.... for more than a month. Then it clicked and now I am within about 20-30 degrees of manna.

It's harder because you're not used to awkward positions and pushing from them. Admittedly hands backward is very awkward, just like hands backwards for planche is tough for most people compared to sideways or hands forward.