This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE2 + IM

Started by David Pardy 340028, November 17, 2018 · 10 Replies · 138 Views

David Pardy 340028

Hi, I've been working on this one for short while now (working towards an easy 4x6).  Any feedback please?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi David remember to hold your scapulae engaged on the end of every reps.

David Pardy 340028

Ok yep I totally forgot about that!  I'll watch the technique video again as well, it's been a while.

Adrian Theopold

It might be the case that you are not pulling completely simmetrical. Just watch the difference in your feet during the exercise.

I tend to do the same and therefore I focus on keeping the feet completely together and in the same position (pointed).

Another thing to note is your head movement. Try not to tuck your chin to your chest at the top of the movement. What helps me is to focus one point at the ceiling which I stare at during the complete movement.

Alessandro Mainente

Referring to the post of Adrian, can you post a front view of the PE?

David Pardy 340028

Here you go, trying to be conscious of the points you guys have made.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey David, well the work is ok, keep the feet together, heels together, ankles together.

David Pardy 340028

Ok cool, thanks. I'll work on that!

Mark Birbeck

Sorry to hop on your thread @David Pardy 340028, but can I just ask a question of @Alessandro Mainente ?

I'm sure on another thread Alessandro, that you said we should rotate the wrists 180 degrees, rather than the 90 degrees that David is doing here. I'm afraid I can't find the thread now, so am I mistaken?

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

A full rotation ensures a full engagement of the elbow flexor. personally is better, because the biceps brachii is the weakest of the  elbow flexor.

David Pardy 340028

If 180 degrees is better, then 180 degrees it shall be for me then