This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE4 rise the hips

Started by Eloy Bote, November 12, 2018 · 4 Replies · 63 Views

Eloy Bote

Hi guys!

I'm doing fine with this course, enjoying every step and seeing nice results. I can't train often the PE4 exercise because I don't have a solid block, but when I do it in the gymnastics gym my hips don't rise too much... maybe I can rec a video soon. I reach the knee level but my hips are down, back when I trained the tuck planche my problem was the same, any tips on that? Maybe I'm not activating my glutes or my core? Any easy exercise to add every other day to address this issue?

The mobility exercise is fine I think, but I can't get my hands closer to my feet because I fall over without control, otherwise I have nice ROM.

inverted_pancake_kpg.thumb.jpg.3eedbf1021eb91d4de368a2c090cc0a4.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

HI eloy, the ability to reach inside the hips is possible with a good anterior and posterior hip capsule flexibility. Inhad your same problem. personally, you need to check a PT so that he/she can confirm my hypothesis.

Eloy Bote
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI eloy, the ability to reach inside the hips is possible with a good anterior and posterior hip capsule flexibility. Inhad your same problem. personally, you need to check a PT so that he/she can confirm my hypothesis.

I have natural lordosis, and kiphosis thanks to desktop job, so maybe thats a point to take in account too. I will ask my pt about what you said, nice another thing to work on apart from the thoracic bridge that is killing me haha.

BTW heres is my execution, a bit tired because I did dozens of front pikes in the trampolin today.

 

Alessandro Mainente

I think that we can consider this as passed since it is required the knees level.

Eloy Bote
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I think that we can consider this as passed since it is required the knees level.

Thank you Alessandro! I want to keep doing the step 4 for a couple of weeks to gain strength, I saw that the next step is shin level so I will choose too easy to go fast until step 5. To be honest I can almost step over the plinth but it's uncomfortable because the way up is ok but in the way down if I point my toes I can't slide well (the foot fingers stuck where each plinth stack over the next one), I have to find some kind of strong block with smooth surface. And I need to work on the pelvis ROM with the pt too because every position that requires to stack my hips over my shoulder with pike hips like pike handstand with block my hips doesn't align, and I don't think I will be able to press handstand without that.