Hi all, I just joined GB and I'm really excited to start this journey. However, I believe I might have an injury in my right front shoulder (probably overuse in handstand practice and most likely l-sits, as I was practicing the latter very often). The symptom is the following: when I rotate my right arm backwards, on the way down (arm behind the body) as I pass the 90 degree angle (arm parallel to the floor) there is a big click like a tendon just got back in place in my front delt. I also feel a little click around the collar bone and discomfort when I simply push my arm straight down (as if pushing for the l-sit). It gets pretty uncomfortable and I feel my body asking for some shoulder extension stretching (like german hangs). I imagine these are not uncommon symptoms, what are you guys' thoughts on this? What are some general guidelines for optimal recovery (tips, exercises, protocols., etc)? So far I've just been hanging on a bar for like 10 minutes throughout the day and I also plan on doing the "Shoulder Recovery" routine that I saw on the platform yesterday (how often should I do this?). I appreciate any and all insights you guys have on this as I am really eager to recover and be injury-free.
Shoulder clicking / discomfort (overdoing l-sit?)
Started by Thiago Gatto Tannus, November 9, 2018 · 3 Replies · 2,797 Views
See a doctor, no one will diagnose over the internet
As stated by Richard above, the general approach in case of pain and discomfort please see a PT, causes can be different and many. we cannot properly make a diagnosis, it can be superficial and less useful.
Fair enough, that's what I'll do, it does sounds like the best and most reasonable idea. I appreciate the honesty and not just giving me some bs . I can definitely see now how that could go really wrong. Thanks again!