This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Questions on Handstand One

Started by Petar Tsvetanov, November 2, 2018 · 1 Replies · 163 Views

Petar Tsvetanov

Hello, I recently bought and started on Handstand one and I love the high fragmentation of progressions.

I have some questions though.

1.What is the sequence of doing the wrist excercises and the rest time between?

My programming suggests I do 4 types of wrist strengthening excercises in a training: Wrist walks,rocks,knuckle walk and fingertip walk. I've read in the introductory posts that you must progress slowly with the wrist development, but, for example I'm in the first progression on each of them of strength, but the total sets comes to 20 for my level. I'm wondering - when I progress to the 9th excercise for each of them, isn't it going to be too much of a load on the wrists? Considering I do handstand training as well.

Also, is there supposed to be rest time between each of the wrist excercises? If so, how much? I did them in a superset today.

2.How do I proceed when I can hit the time requirement for each set, but my shoulder angle keeps dropping as the sets progress? Do I need to be able to do 5x10 with perfectly straight elbows to be counted as a mastery?

The excercise is: Static Standing Shoulder Extension with Weighted Bar 5x10 

3.With the HS training I combine 6 sets of pull-ups(3 types x 2 sets) with a goal of 6x5 as a conditioning and strength work. This I do on rotations: one week I train HS+pull-ups twice, the next one once and deload on the 4th week. Has anyone tried something similar to this and do you have any thoughts on that?

I hope this will be useful to other beginners as well,

Cheers.

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Petar, if you have to build up strength is still prefer to perform the wrists strengthening exercises separately, with 1 minute of rest in between sets.

for your second question if you cannot hold the same angle for all the seconds prescribed this does not count as a mastery.