This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Slide press form check

Started by Leigh Kettle, November 2, 2018 · 3 Replies · 82 Views

Leigh Kettle

Ok, as you will see I need drastic help with this please

i, like many people I’ve read , get stuck half way and my compression looks shocking and I am obvs planching my shoulders far too much I see 

ive broken the move into 2 parts but is this ok ? It feels like when I start from front to back I’ll never get “ through” that middle section 

should my parallettes be higher or shall I persist here

ive Tried on a surface that is higher but I still get stuck

 

Any help greatly appreciated 

 

Alessandro Mainente

I think that if you do not hold the maximum compression you need to planche. said that probably doing only the negative phase is the best solution. especially try to reduce the speed of the part where you are failing to complete.

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys 

in relation to the above I’ve submitted another check of me doing negatives with this exercise if you may again provide me with advice / critique/ belly laughs 

thanks 

Leigh 

 

Alessandro Mainente

The movement is definitely more controlled in the second rep. try to slow down the reps as you approach the transition from front to back.