This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

(temporarily) one legged Foundations

Started by Adrian Theopold, November 1, 2018 · 2 Replies · 118 Views

Adrian Theopold

Hey everybody,

like the title might suggest, I'm having currently some issues with one of my feet. Namely one month ago I fractured my ankle and tore some ligament which connects the tibia and fibula (can't find the english name). As a result I have a srew through my leg and am stuck with this IMG_5535.thumb.JPG.783ca68b336ea549adeb539435fbff58.JPGguy here for at least a month more, docter said I can put 10-20kg weight on it.

This somewhat hinders me in doing Foundations properly so I modified the exercises a little and would like to know your thoughts about it.

RC: No problem with the PE here. Only IM I can do right now is from PE2, doing it on my knees.

HPB: Doing PE2 one legged (paralettes are due to some wrist pain). IM on knees.

sPL: Doing PE5 one legged like HPB. Haven't tried any IM yet.

FL: Here I take the shoe off and do my normal PE2. IM from PE1 is doable.

SL: Used to do PE4, but can't get into the machine in my gym. So I'm doing PE1/PE2 instead. No IM possible?

MN: Problem here is, that I can only rudimentarily stretch my hamstrings right now. The movements from PE2 are a little bit too rapid for my current taste and PE4 is way too easy even with added weight, so ???

SLS: I used to do PE8 but I don't see any sense in only training one leg. The other progressions are for obvious reason out of questions. Though I do some of the mobility work from the early progressions.

 

I do shoulder dislocates on my knees and PE5 from HS1, currently I don't see much chance doing anything from HS2.

I can do the bridge series until the point where one actually works on the bridge... From the other series I can only cherry pick.

 

I highly appreciate input on maybe other beneficial exercises or modifications that I can currently do. I really miss the mobility drills and stretching. I assume that some of you already had a similar problem and got creative as well.

Thanks

Adrian

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Adrian, i'm sorry to hear about the injury sometimes is just life...for you personally I prefer to adjust the exercises so that there are no differences if you feel your body twisting or one side working differently maybe the exercise must be adjusted differently.

Adrian Theopold

Thanks Alessandro for the kind words. I accepted the fact that sometimes stuff happens and you can't do anything about it and then simply have to move on from there.

Of course I try to do everything as symmetrical as possible. I also added some Arch Body Holds to my core workout to make up for the lack of SL PE4/PE5.

From your previous posts it seems like you have some history with ankle injuries. Any "Pro Tips" for my upcoming rehab?