This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mobility deficits on MN/PE2

Started by Si Hoang, October 30, 2018 · 2 Replies · 186 Views

Si Hoang

Greetings all,

so after a solid and consistent year of GST, I finally conquered MN/PE1 with approval from the coaches after a video review. 

I tried my first attempt at PE2 and was not surprised to see that I could not bring my legs up high enough due to extremely tight hamstrings. I could sit up easily, but the legs just would not comply with my demands. 

So my question is this, should I stay on step 1 until I get the required range of movement; or should I move onto the next step and keep working the position while I work on the stretching and mobility side to acquire the necessary form? Obviously I would not move onto the next PE till form was achieved.

Secondly, due to the tight hamstrings my Jefferson curl range of motion is poor. Hanging out at 90 degrees is producing some uncomfortable sensations in my lower back afterwards. I think I heard a long time ago that Coach recommended bending the knees till we could get past that point. How much should the bend in the knees be? Only so much till the lower back is below 90 degrees? Some clarification would be appreciated here.

On a happier note, I finally got to my first ever F2 exercise this week so motivation to train is high. :)

Alessandro Mainente

If you can pass the mastery of PE1 and IM1 you need to begin to work on the 2. are you doing any sort of additional work for hamstring and straddle?

Si Hoang

Hi Alessandro,

Yes I've passed PE1 and the iM. I just started PE2 this week on step 1. Just wondering if I should stay on step 1 or can I move through the steps till I get to step 9 or just stay on step 1 of PE2 till I have the required mobility?

I'm working the middle split and front split courses once a week and just recently added the restore sessions from GB Unlimited on the other days.