This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What status to choose when I complete an exercise?

Started by Joseph Amburgey, October 29, 2018 · 2 Replies · 130 Views

Joseph Amburgey

I'm certain this has been asked often, but I don't know what to search for.

I'm currently selecting my completion status like this

Too Easy: I didn't feel a thing and could easily put out double the work.

Easy: I can feel my muscles getting tired, but I certainly have a handleful more full ROM reps left in me. Static hold might be beginning to burn. but they don't hurt yet.

Fine: The last few reps are a struggle. Static holds hit their time mark but I'm shaking a little bit, and the burn has become quite uncomfortable. I may have more "kipping" reps, or short of full ROM reps, or I could stand the static hold burn a little longer.

Fail: Couldn't reach the goal. Though I question the days where I just feel weak and my muscles aren't putting out what they should be. I usually just hit fine on those days.

Please link me to an appropriate topic, or let me know if I should amend how I approach any of the completion statuses.

 

Thank you.

Joe

Everett Carroll

Hey Joe,

These are great definitions so keep using them. 

Joseph Amburgey

Thank you Everett, appreciated!