This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How do you schedule your GST week

Started by Martin Johannsen, October 28, 2018 · 11 Replies · 333 Views

Martin Johannsen

Hi all here at GB :)

I'm curious to hear how you plan your training week with FOUNDATION as the primary focus?

 

Here is how I do it:

2 sessions a week each completed 2 times. Some would say - hey thats split programming :)

Session A

SLS, SL, MN

 

Session B

HBP, RC, sPL, FL

 

Best regards

/Martin Joe

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Martin, personally using the 3 days split with core, lowerbody and upper body is the best solution.

Martin Johannsen
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Martin, personally using the 3 days split with core, lowerbody and upper body is the best solution.

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

Thanks for your comment. 

I used the 3 day split (Coach Sommer' recommendation) for 7 month or so, but saw only small progress in most exercises. Therefore I changed the schedule :)

It worked - especially on Ring Rows

 

/MJ

Alessandro Mainente

Well you can consider many options if you are not progressing in one exercise like adding one more set at the end of the prescribed sets. but if you are still progressing , keep this schedule.

Isak Tougaard

Cool thread you have started here! I thought of creating something similar the other day.

What I like to do is Sommer's recommended, minus movement.

I also enjoy doing a morning limbering routine for areas I know are holding me back, currently that is foam-rolling, standing hip circles, wide butterfly, supine piriformis, vertical shin for quad, then straight-legged vertical shin for hipflexors.

I would love to see how the superhumans coaches and athletes are programming their training for best results.

Martin Johannsen
17 hours ago, Isak Tougaard said:

 

I would love to see how the superhumans coaches and athletes are programming their training for best results.

Hi Isak

Me to :)

Nice to hear how you practice GST

 

M

Peter Ols

Mon: Side split

Tue: Upper body

Wed: Lower body + core

Thu: rest day

Fri: Front split

Sat: Back bridge

Sun: rest day

Every morning: Limber 15 min all body

In the beginning I was not doing deload all the recommended weeks but now I have incorporated this also and it seems to have good effect on my progress.

For me acceptance of my current level and reminding myself to be patient seems very important:)

Martin Johannsen
15 hours ago, Peter Ols said:

For me acceptance of my current level and reminding myself to be patient seems very important:)

Hi, Peter :)
I like your mindful approach to training and would like to be better at it to.  

15 hours ago, Peter Ols said:

Every morning: Limber 15 min all body

I must try this out ! .. it probably requires some discipline, but the consistency pays out for you - right? :)

Thanks for your comment and sharing how you approach GST. It helps me and it will also help others that may read this thread

/Martin Joe

Peter Ols

@Martin Johannsen;The morning limber feels good but in the beginning I did it to hard. Now I just really soft going through the body and that seems to get the mobility to "stick".

Nick Goddard

Hey guys, where's the recommended deload information? Or is that just for Foundation 2 rather than Foundation 1.

Thanks,

Nick

Jeffrey Bittner

@Nick Goddard A deload week will automatically be placed into your schedule once most of your Foundation exercises are from Foundation 2. They will not be included during F1.

Nick Goddard

Thanks Jeffrey.