This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Can't lock out elbow....

Started by Robert Griggs Grirggs, October 25, 2018 · 2 Replies · 42 Views

Robert Griggs Grirggs

After 30 years of being a desk jockey, I've lost a tremendous amount of flexibility/mobility.  One of my perceived bigger issues is my left elbow will no longer lockout.   I have not injured that elbow and when younger could hyper-extend both elbows.  I can only assume it's due to inactivity.  

Is it as simple as starting to stretch out my elbow?  Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Robert, when an elbow does not lock out it can be due to bone restriction (something that occurs at the end of the last growth stage) or tissue restriction. now, bones restriction can be confirmed with R-ray, tissue restriction is a natural consequence when the elbow joint is fine. I do not suggest to direct you physical therapy on your own for NOW. see a PT and hear what he has to say 

Robert Griggs Grirggs

Thank you for your feedback.  Have a nice weekend.