This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Half windshield wipers zero side to side movement

Started by Leigh Kettle, October 21, 2018 · 2 Replies · 111 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys 

wonder if anyone can help me here 

I’m having a real problem with this exercise 

I hardly have any movement from side to side and if I try and force it I get a popping sensation particularly in my left shoulder that doesn’t feel very nice at all . I actually get this popping frequently (I’ve been told I have got  limitation in my shoulder flexion which I am well aware of  ) j get it when I try and do l sit pull-ups in dead hang etc and even in elevated cat I get discomfort and it sometimes “pops” or “slips “ is how I can describe it 

for a few weeks I’ve missed the side to side movement of this exercise  and just hung in the L seat position to try and get my shoulders to feel more comfortable in this position but although it’s helped a little I still have almost no real movement  side to side 

what is my issue here ? Is it purely my shoulder flexion limitation (which incidentally Ive been told I cannot improve ) please and any help to tray and rectify if would be much appreciated 

 

Ive included video

thanks guys 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Leight, yes, it is your shoulder limitation. you can try to increase the hands distance and see how it goes.

Leigh Kettle

Hi alex

yes you obviously know all about my limitation. 

I’ve tried holding the maximum shoulder width these stall bars allow me but getting decent movement both ways particularly to my left is proving very difficult . 

what do you suggest :(