This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE1 Form Check

Started by Christopher Mair, October 20, 2018 · 7 Replies · 101 Views

Christopher Mair

Hey All.

At 5x15 on incline push ups. Just wanted to make sure I don't need to tweak anything before moving on.

Regards

Chris 

 

 

Edit: I'm not maximally protracting at the top of the movement In this video. I was focusing too much on making sure the video could see me :L

I usually maximally protract at the top of the push up! 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Christopher, can you show the 15 reps with full protractionn?

Christopher Mair

apologies for the bad lighting. I hope you can see what you need to!

Thanks

Chris

 

Apo

Alessandro Mainente

Sometimes seems that you are piking a bit, pushing out the shoulders means that the rest of the body stays in line. if you write a straight line from heels to shoulders you will notice that does not pass in the center of the hips.

Christopher Mair

Could you explain what piking means? Does it have something to do with PPT or APT?

And do you mean when I protract there should be a straight line to my feet passing through the centre of my hips?

Alessandro Mainente

OF course, look the picture below

lost.png

now, the red line moves from the shoulder to heels and it should be the ideal line, the other one is your alignment. the angle formed by the green one means a bit of piking and loss of alignment. by moving the hips lower you will be able to show a proper line.

Christopher Mair

Ah perfect! Thank you so much.

Here is this week's upper session. I think I'm still piking a little but I was really trying not too! Thoughts? 

 

Alessandro Mainente

MUch more better, nice work.