This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand Workout- Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced - 1 or all options?

Started by Zane Bannister, October 17, 2018 · 2 Replies · 184 Views

Zane Bannister

Hi all,

Just a question in regards to which options I should be doing in the Handstand Workout- Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced: 

-IF I am capable of doing the 'Advanced' (in my case, currently 4 x 48s handstand holds against a wall), should I also being doing the 'Beginner' and 'Intermediate' exercises too? I have been doing everything, which is great, but I just wanted to check the intention of the programming so that I don't get too overwhelmed as I advance. (*I'm guessing this is 'up to me', but just checking!)

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Zane,

Great question! One of the benefits to having access to all three levels of training is that you can cater your workouts to your individual skill level. I would, however, recommend focusing on the basics. Just like with anything else, revisiting and remastering the basics will help you to improve your skill level no matter how advanced you are. These progressions will help you to refine your form and make your handstands even stronger.

After you have spent some time going through your basic progressions, then jump into mare advanced work. You are welcome to play with other exercises in your course, but make sure that you keep in mind the limitations of your current skill level. In other words, get your work done first, then cut loose and have some fun playing with your new tricks!

Zane Bannister

Gotcha!! Thanks for your answer! 

I'm loving everything, so repeating the basics and mastering them is what I'm after! Plus, after listening to Coach Sommer on Tim Ferriss' podcast, I'm happy to build my body slowly so that I prevent injury in the future, which is very important to me! (I'm 37 and want to stay mobile until 107!)