I assembled free-standing stall bars yesterday and am really happy with how it turned out.
To make my stall bars, I purchased 3 items from Titan Fitness during a sale in August:
- X-3 Squat Stand $287.10
- Stall Bars Top Set $45.90
- Set of 6 Double Stall Bars $197.96
Dimensions 90.5" Tall x 50" Wide x 48" Deep
A few caveats/tips:
- While the stall bar set I built feel sturdy, and don't wobble, I can't guarantee it's as safe as it would be if bolted down or to the wall. You follow my example at your own risk.
- Titan Fitness designs the stall bars accessories to fit their X-2 and X-3 Racks NOT their squat racks.
- The Squat Stand came with a pullup bar and base attachment are a couple inches wider than the stall bars, so I extra pieces for that I can't use. The stall bars are 42" and the pieces with the squat stand are 43".
- I only used 5 of the 6 double stall bar sets. Someone who's taller could move the top set up 6 inches and would have space for the final set of double bars.
- The bolts were too big for my socket set so I used two adjustible wrenches.
- I recommend laying one of the uprights on its side, with a spacer underneath, attaching the stall bars to that upright, then mounting the second upright while everything's still on its side. It gets heavy quick, so you'll want a friend to help you get it upright and move it to where you want it.