This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche Lean (sPL/PE5)

Started by Eddie Ball, October 12, 2018 · 2 Replies · 56 Views

Eddie Ball

Hello, I've been stuck on this progression for a while now. Looking back at the exercise videos and some other threads on sPL/PE5 I'm beggining to think I'm trying to go to low. It's pretty rough on my wrists and elbows (and to a lesser extent my shoulders). The first video (Video #1) is what I was shooting for previously. I was trying to reach a 45 deg angle between the floor and a line between my wrists and shoulders:

 

 

I think this (Video #2) is closer to what I should be shooting for tho:

 

Am I going low enough in Video #2? Any feedback greatly appreciated!!

Everett Carroll

Hey Eddie,

This is really great. With a couple of small tweaks you'll have this progression dialed. 

The second video is definitely better. Your shoulder and hip positions are solid and that's the first step. I want you to lean a little further, but not at the expense of your PPT, protraction, and depression.

So, your next step is to just to get comfortable with the degree of lean shown in the second video. Once you are, if you simply relax your ankles (point your toes completely), you'll reach the amount of lean required for mastery. That should put you somewhere right between the angles shown in the two clips. That ankle reflex happens to everyone; it's just the body being sneaky and it takes practice to eliminate it.

Eddie Ball

Thanks Everett!! I'll work on those points