Ring support holds question

Started by Guest, April 22, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,601 Views

Guest

Hi guys, I decided to add ring support holds to my routine and I have a question: is it necessary to 'lock' the wrists as well as the elbows?

I can hold the ring support pretty well without touching the rings if I only lock my elbows (straight arms/slightly hyperextended) and have my wrists flexed about 45° (back of hand towards forearm). But when I fully lock my wrists and turn out the rings the position of my hands directs the pressure backwards instead of downwards, causing me to drop out of the hold. So, is it necessary to lock the wrists as well?

braindx

It's fine to have your wrists flexed a bit

Guest
braindx said:
It's fine to have your wrists flexed a bit

Thanks! I mean, I'm not ever going to be an advanced ring athlete but I like to do things with good form.