This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Main + extra workout

Started by Marek Dibusz, October 4, 2018 · 2 Replies · 134 Views

Marek Dibusz

Hi all!

After a Long pause, i finally got back to regularly working out every day (it is awesome) - 5th week in a row. Strenght training before work jump-starts the whole day =).

However, I noticed, as the hunger for more of the good stuff grows, I want to add more work through out the week. 

Right now, I am quite in the beginning and doing 1x a week core/upper/lower + HS + stretches. I do realise, things are going to get harder.

I do make steady progress, I must say. Does anyone have good experience with 2nd strength workout during the week that is not of the same intensity? Not the stretches - those stay 1x week each on weekends wheRe there is enough time and no stress.

Example: on the 'main' days train the highest PE and step of the chosen exercise, while on the 'other' days train the previous PE step 9 X 3 sets.

Reasoning behind this:

1) get some blood flowing in the recovering muscles.

2) get in toutch with the previously mastered PEs.

3) not push hard (on the 'other' days)

I hope it makes sense,

I would appreciate any insight,

Have a good day,

Marek. 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Marek, the tendency of thing "i'm doing too less" it often in newbies . my suggestion is considering another session ONLY if you are felling a stall in a particular progression.

SOmehting i've learned from coach Sommer is that doing much is not the best option is the most of the cases, doing what you really need is far from "doing much" and when I say, other people, that my clients reach all the skills with 2 training session in a week they do not believe me. At the beginning being fresh when you have to develop many different body patterns is the best solution.

Marek Dibusz

Thank you for a swift reply =)