I've always wondered, do people get deductions in high level competitions for being anywhere between 10-30 degrees off in inverted crosses? Often you see InvC more like Y-HS which should be anywhere from .1 to .3 deduction, but are they deducted or ignored just like the false grip?
Inverted cross deductions
Started by Razz, April 22, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,142 Views
Razz said:I've always wondered, do people get deductions in high level competitions for being anywhere between 10-30 degrees off in inverted crosses? Often you see InvC more like Y-HS which should be anywhere from .1 to .3 deduction, but are they deducted or ignored just like the false grip?
Of course they are deducted.
Back in the day they weren't though.
I WISH judges would be required to post their deductions publically though. That would disrupt a lot of the bias present in modern gymnastics still with overscoring and underscoring athletes of certain fame and/or country
Hmm just makes me wonder why those people would still do them then, but there's reasons I guess..
If you are deducted 0,1 for element worth 0,4 or 0,5....If this the only swing to strength element (special bonus for each group of elements), you need to have enough elements to have E score (previosly B score) deducted from 10,00 points and not from 8,00 or even lower.
Or they are not in good form for competitions yet,...numerous reasons.