This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated Thoracic Bridge impossible for me to do it!!

Started by Cristian Fournies, September 28, 2018 · 6 Replies · 339 Views

Cristian Fournies

I just started, and I was doing the Thoracic Bridge video ( for Friday workout) and I was doing awesome until I get to the Elevated section. I can't push my body weight up!. my hands will not go to a straight elbow, because I'm not able to push up. I thought that I have good strength in the shoulder, maybe not, but could be that there is a trick for the exercise? is normal not to be able to push my self up? if it is what exercise should I be doing to get better?

Pauline Taube

Hi Cristian,

This is a tough exercise, if you can try to push up to the bridge with your feet in the ground and once you’re in the bridge start walking your feet further up on the stall bars :) 

another option is to enter the bridge from a handstand. Start by kicking into a handstand against the stall bars and walk your feet further down :) 

Cristian Fournies

Nice trick! I will try that! I'm so in shock that I couldn't do this exercise, I thought I was in a good shape :lol: 

Peter Ols

I starter with rubber bands attached to the top of the  stallbar and around my hips. It took me 1 year before I was able to press up without banded help.

 

Glen Danbury

This is really interesting for me as I have experienced the same issue. Feel my shoulders have general strength (have pressed a 48kg kettlebell) but elevated Bridge eludes me. 

 

Can do a bridge off the ground - does this suggest its limited thoracic mobility and I'm compensating with lumbar extension? 

Alessandro Mainente

hi Glen , can you post  your floor bridge form?

Geonho Lee

 

I also have a problem like this and I don't have any stall bar, so I just used the wall.

I will upload my form vid in this maybe next week, and then please check my form and give me your advice.