This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated bridge

Started by Jason Gertelman, September 20, 2018 · 12 Replies · 479 Views

Jason Gertelman

For the elevated bridge, I don't have the flexibility to get my hands flat on the ground behind my head and push up. 

However, I am able to get on all fours in front of a wall and kick up into a handstand with my heels on the wall. Does it make sense to start from there and try to walk out or lower my legs into the bridge position?

Or should I just focus on shoulder/wrist mobility for a while and not worry about this part of the stretch series until that's improved?

Thanks,

Jay

Alessandro Mainente

HI Jason, the problem are the shoulder or the wrists?

Jason Gertelman

Both, but probably more the wrists. 

Alessandro Mainente

can you post the execution please?

Alessandro Mainente

this is definitely a very limited wrists extension.

Jason Gertelman

Thanks. So, any recommendations? Should I focus on the wrist exercises in the handstand course?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, probably the stretch exercise in the handstand one should be done daily.

Tiago Buhr

Hello @Alessandro Mainente , I am facing the same problem. I was experiencing some wrist pain as well lately, and decided I need to check into wrist stretches.

I currently don't have the handstand series, only fundamentals, foundation and stretch series. Which wrist stretches could you recommend doing?

Thank you

Alessandro Mainente

Working of extension of the wrists. the wrists series proposed for handstand are definitely better, this reflects how all the programs can be merged together. Handstand soon or after will be necessary as you progress in foundations.

Tiago Buhr

Thank you @Alessandro Mainente . For now I will do the wrist stretches from the Fundamentals course, and look for other stretches on Youtube while I don't buy the Handstand series.

You mentioned to Jason that the wrist stretches should be done daily. Isn't that too much stress on the wrists? Or can they take it?

Thank you

Alessandro Mainente

It depends on your limitations, a limitation is build up due to bad habits and in order to restore a bad habit...you need good habits, how much time you spent learning how to write with your hands? daily work. the correct exercises can be done daily, but there exists the only exercise for a single people because we do not have the same problems.

Tiago Buhr

Thank you very much