I rarely post, since as a beginner amongst experts my attention is focused on gleaning information; but I feel tailor-made to join this conversation.
In my youth I played capoeira, and trained relentlessly to great effect; the benefit of youth. As I approached my late twenties my method of training wrecked my body, plaguing me with injuries and regressing my skill. Enter Coach Sommer and his marvelous book...
I began utilizing Coach Sommer's method immediately following my thirtieth birthday. I was inspired by the Gregors
and the Marlons
of the website; they amazed me with the capabilities to perform instant crosses and levers, but that wasn't me. When I began, it looked a little more like this:
Tucked back and front levers
L sit
Frogstand
Jumping muscle ups(practically testing my vertical)
Windshield wipers
Deck squats
and so on. In other words, I started at the beginning.
Now I am thirty-one years of age, my weight fluctuates between 180-185 lbs., and it looks like this:
Full front and back levers
Middle split hold
Straddle planche (3 seconds)
Muscle ups plus 55 lbs.
Side lever pulls
Single leg squats
This is in no way meant to be braggadocio. I am literally shocked at how incredibly fast my strength and physique have changed. I am well set to be BETTER THAN I EVER WAS. All this at an age where athletic retirement seems to be the norm, I'm looking forward to crosses and malteses, to triple twisting layouts and double backs. I am well aware that in the Internet age, it's "videos or it didn't happen", so please look forward to one from me in the next week or two.
Coach Sommer, PLEASE take as much time as you need with your next offerings. What you've done for me is extraordinary, and no matter how long the wait, my progress will be exponentially faster with your guidance.