I think its at the start of the middle splits session Coach said something along the lines of 'please don't use Gumbe people'...although it may be in front split.
Now I'm sure I misheard but would LOVE to know what it is because i've heard it now once a week every week for almost 2 years and I still have no idea what he said!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
What did coach say?!
Started by Jonathan Mitchell 233254, September 19, 2018 · 2 Replies · 154 Views
Coach is referring to the character Gumby, which is a claymation character.
You can read this article about him, and also find another article on wikipedia:
http://www.gumbyworld.com/gumby-characters/gumby/
This is a quote from the article:
Gumby and flexibility are synonymous, and top athletes are praised for their gumby-like or gumbyesque prowess.
Coach is saying that when they were making the stretch courses, students were asking for the athletes featured in the videos to have a more 'average' flexibility range instead of an elite athlete's range of flexibility .
You're too young to know that. Gumby and Pokey were kids toys back in the 60's. You could twist them any which way--very pliable. I'll betray my age and say I used to have a Gumby and Pokey set when I was young :)