Hi Coach, do you got any tips on how to get more rotation on this skill?.
First time trying it!! ![]()
Started by Ivan, April 21, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,167 Views
Hi Coach, do you got any tips on how to get more rotation on this skill?.
First time trying it!! ![]()
What I noticed is that you immediately grab the bars. Is this a rolling motion or a flipping motion? (I'm unfamiliar with parallel bar skills) I'm going to assume it's a flip. If you want, possibly drilling swinging as high as possible off the PB could help with height. Now... with front tucks on floor, having an open shoulder angle lets you use your arm momentum to the max by swinging in a wide arc down in front of you. You could apply the same thing here. Once you get a good rotation and tuck, you could outstretch your arms so you don't fall through the bars ![]()
This is my take, I have basically no PB experience. In fact, I've yet to step foot in a gymnastics gym! (oh noes!)
Seiji said:What I noticed is that you immediately grab the bars. Is this a rolling motion or a flipping motion? (I'm unfamiliar with parallel bar skills) I'm going to assume it's a flip. If you want, possibly drilling swinging as high as possible off the PB could help with height. Now... with front tucks on floor, having an open shoulder angle lets you use your arm momentum to the max by swinging in a wide arc down in front of you. You could apply the same thing here. Once you get a good rotation and tuck, you could outstretch your arms so you don't fall through the barsThis is my take, I have basically no PB experience. In fact, I've yet to step foot in a gymnastics gym! (oh noes!)
It's a flipping motion catch in upper arm
Page 117 of the code of points box #10... (D value skill).
Only thing I would say would be to drive the heels back harder as you tuck your chin under. You probably need a bit more height for the skill though (generated from your swing), it looks like you don't have enough to keep from landing in semi-shoulder stand position as opposed to turning it over to upper arm. In this case, it may be applicable to throw the bars away from you much harder as it will help as well in counter rotation.
But I'm no expert on this skill so take it for what it's worth.
Seiji, yea but its hard to start doin things like that when u dont got the height from the swing ![]()
Braindx, ya drive the heels back harder at the same time as i throw is a good tip i dont think much about it.
heres a vid of Manuel Carballo doin the skill in pike position (E)